A Dater's Life

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Ten Days Later

I've been e-mailing with Mr. Nice. We aren't getting back together, but it has brought some clarity to the situation. Ultimately, this is a case of him not being ready to be in a relationship. There is nothing about me or us that was problematic. He has no problems with me. He tried to make it work; he wanted to make it work. But something was pushing him to end things, something inside, something intangible, something he needs to work on away from me.

I told him that I think it's best if we cut communication for awhile, that we're talking in circles and neither of us has any real answers. I said that if the thing "wrong" with our relationship is that he isn't ready, I'm not about to beg, nag, or plead him to stay with me. I know that I cannot force him to be ready for something he's not ready for.

I told him that this would be much easier if I could hate him. The one thing I've never questioned is his kindness and his sincerity. It just sucks that something so promising has to end because one person isn't emotionally available.

In the meantime, I'll force myself to move forward, to not cling to that glimmer of hope that someday my Mr. Nice will be back for me, ready to make things work.

As we all know, things like that only work in the movies.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home