A Dater's Life

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Opening one's options

A friend just asked me: Why are you going out with the non-drinking Buddhist Vegetarian?

Good question, I said in response. I'm trying to open my options.

When I first spotted the NDBV's profile, I thought, No way would a NDBV and I have anything in common. I like my meat rare, my vodka cold, and I eschew religion in my own life.

But then I realized, it's not like the whiskey-drinking, meat-eating, agnostic-spouting men of my past have gotten me anywhere. So I re-read the NDBV's profile and thought, Does it really matter? He seems nice.

And as we've discovered before, nice is nice.

Of course, the long-haired, bondage-wearing, narcissist in So. CA who e-mailed me this morning will not be getting a second (or even a first) chance.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger Jules said...

I think that it is good to branch out from what you normally do, especially if what you normally do isn't working (ie, if you keep doing the same thing, you keep getting the same results).

So tea with a NDBV is not necessarily a bad thing - who knows what interesting things might come out of this new experience!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger TessaJ said...

Well, things were good, and I got an e-mail from NDBV this morning. Hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home