A Dater's Life

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back into the game

After a few weeks dating hiatus, I'm about to go on yet-another first date.

It's with a guy I met on-line.

I'm completely and utterly apathetic about it. There's just no excitement, no thrill, no romance. It goes like this:

He: Checks me out
I: E-mail him
We: Exchange a handful of e-mails
He: Asks me if I want to go to lunch...in seven days
I: Say, "Okay"
We: Exchange numbers
Then: Total silence for a week

How on earth am I supposed to be excited about a lunch date with some random guy I don't know, have never met, when we haven't even exchanged a "hello" in a week?

I realize that everyone "knows someone who met their husband/wife/partner" through on-line dating, but honestly, I think it's a whole lotta effort for a whole lotta nuthin'!

Still, I'll try and be optimistic!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Is he so busy that he has to plan dates out a week in advance? Hmmm.
Just go in there with your usual sense of adventure and I'm sure it'll end up being a blast. Let us know!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger TessaJ said...

Read my update!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home