A Dater's Life

Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Bridget Jones Moment

The alleged dater strikes again. This time he canceled on me 2 1/2 hours before our first date because he, "Isn't in a good place for dating right now." I'm not sure why these guys wait until only a couple of hours before the (rescheduled -- of course, being an alleged dater, he had already canceled on me once before) date is supposed to take place. I'm not sure why they keep scheduling dates in the first place. If this had happened once in my dating life, no biggie (because I'm the first to admit that I've done this ONCE myself). But it's not once. It's literally 90% of the time. Though on the bright side, at least this one had the guts to call.

And with this horrible dating year finally coming to a close, I can't help but feel a bit like Bridget Jones.

That was it. Right there. Right there. That was the moment. I suddenly realized that unless something changed soon I was going to live a life where my major relationship was with a bottle of wine. And I'd finally die, fat and alone, and be found three weeks later, half eaten by wild dogs. Or I was about to turn into Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.
I wonder where the strength comes from to keep going out there, optimistically, and not just accept a life of tragic spinsterhood.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how it feels. When is he finally going to show up???a lot of dates, several men that you decide they are not good enough to be with you, probably just good enough to be on your bed, on your past, on your blog. Sometimes I just want not to want anymore, just accept, I wish I have no more desire on me, I just hope, I just wish.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger TessaJ said...

I find it hard to figure out how to balance staying optimistic with staying realistic. When you keep getting slapped in the face by the possibility of love (or lust!) how do you keep going?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home