A Dater's Life

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hello....Balance????

I've never been one for games. I like a man to be direct, and I like to be direct. When you want to call someone, call that someone. I'm fed up with "three day rules" for making (and returning) phone calls.

However, there has to be a limit when you're getting to know someone. There has to be a limit.

Case in point: I've had one date with Bachelor #1. One date. A very good date, one that left me giddy with anticipation of the second. And I was thrilled -- thrilled -- when I heard from him the next day. And the next day. And the next. The next. Next. I think in the week since our first date, I've received seven or eight e-mails and just as many voice mail messages, sometimes more quickly than I can respond with my hectic schedule.

Now, I'm fairly certain that he isn't a psycho stalker; I'm fairly certain that he's just a little excited about our fab first date. But there must be boundaries or a gal's gonna race for the hills (actually, more to the point, this gal's gonna race for another man to date). I keep thinking to myself, How would any man respond were I to shower him with this much attention this early in a whatevership? He'd run away, that much is certain.

Just calm down, buddy. Just breathe. I'm not going anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home